410 DERSTINE AVENUE P.O. BOX 647 LANSDALE, PA 19446

PHONE: 215-855-3111 EMAIL: INFO@METZINC.COM

Improving the Quality of Lives Around Us Since 1912

History

The Principals and staff are proud of the historical significance of Metz Engineers. We are probably the oldest Civil Engineering & Land Surveying firm in the North Penn Valley. Our original plans date to 1912 when Herbert Hallman Metz of Lansdale began his practice, which included professional engineering services for many local municipalities. Some company records dated back to the 1880’s. Mr. Metz owned the firm until his death in 1966.

In 1970, Chester Valley Engineers, through the efforts of Ralph A. Wert, P.E., P.L.S., of Lansdale, purchased the firm. Mr. Wert was a Chester Valley stockholder and Assistant Chief Engineer. Herbert H. Metz, Jr., P.E., P.L.S., remained with the firm. The new ownership followed the practice of Herbert H. Metz, Sr., by continuing to represent many local municipalities, Montgomery County, and PADOT, in addition to providing engineering & surveying services to industry, businesses and residents.

In 1984, Ralph A. Wert bought the firm from Chester Valley Engineers, and continued the company name. At the time of Mr. Wert’s purchase, over 20,000 property plans and records were maintained by the firm. Herbert H. Metz, Jr. retired in 1992, and Ralph A. Wert passed away in December, 1994, Active control and ownership of the Company continues today in the hands of  Jeffrey A. Wert, P.E., P.L.S., President, son of Ralph A. Wert.

Copyright ©2014-2017 Metz Engineers - 410 Derstine Avenue, P.O. Box 647, Lansdale, Pennsylvania 19446-0608 - 215-855-3111 - Fax 215-855-5143

Designed and powered by Media Fusion Technologies, Inc.